Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings to all. Just a short note to introduce myself to the forum.
Some history. I was there when the Honda Step Thru hit North America. In high school I was given a ride on a red 305 Superhawk. To say I was smitten would be a huge understatement. I skipped school to see the first CB750 in Canada arrive at Rocky's Cycle in London, Ontario.
If you do the math you can see I'm a recycled teenager-now enjoying retirement. I've always been tinkering, maintaining, customizing, rebuilding and riding motorcycles. I've had numerous bikes over the years, including a sidecar rig. Last year I brought home a hawk, literally in boxes in the back of my van to restore. My CB77 will be painted red just like my first ride
I live in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada where the riding season is far to short. My wife and I like to tour on our ST1300. I look forward to sharing with the members of the forum

Best regards
Dave aka Oldbuttpdq

Attachments

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome Dave - I'm also a recycled teenager, had one of those step-throughs as my first bike (CA102) and saw my first CB750 at the downtown Honda shop in Tampa. The red-framed 305s also imprinted my memory, but instead of getting a Super Hawk or Scrambler, I just did my 450 project with a red frame. ST1300 to tour on, nice - I've heard a lot of good things about them. Good to have you... now, pictures of these bikes - a must around here!

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Dave.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Hey Dave. Welcome aboard, Its a great place to be!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Very nice 1300 Dave. Looking forward to seeing you start a project log for the 305, we'll be following along... make sure to take plenty of pictures. There are many really nice project logs here, often links to them in member's signatures... for red frame inspiration, look no further than FrisianWheel's 450 (or mine, for that matter)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts