Honda Twins banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1974 Honda CB360. This is my first motorcycle and the bike I'm learning to ride on. I'm in the process of replacing a few items, changing oils, cleaning, and tinkering to get it ready for the spring. I look to leaning on members in the forum for those hard to answer questions.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Love it! Looks pretty clean.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Just remember, in 45 years you have no idea what previous owners have done to the bike. Use the FSM to go through the bike thoroughly. It is your butt on the line at 70MPH.

Great looking bike and welcome.

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike itself is very clean. I've cleaned the carbs (which were in really good shape), updated to the common-motor reg/rec combo, cleaned the gas tank, replaced petcock, and a few other small items. Next is to update the exhaust and replace chain and sprockets.

For those in the Nashville area...if I am wanting some professional work done on the motor does anyone have someone they are comfortable referring me to?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome, and very nice bike indeed. Take the advice above about going over practically everything on the bike for tightness, proper operation and condition because it is your life (or at least your health) on the line when you start learning and riding. I'm curious as to why you want to update the exhaust? With a stock engine, carbs, air filters and exhaust, you'll get the most performance combined with rideability from that engine that you'll need for quite a while... unless the pipes are rusted out (and the picture doesn't zoom so it isn't clearly evident), you'd be crazy to change the pipes unless you want to attract the wrong kind of attention on the road

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The exhaust split underneath on the left side and the previous owner tried to weld it back together. The right exhaust is starting to split too. I'm going to replace it with the exhaust from Common-Motor. Aside from that, I'm keeping everything as original as possible.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great looking bike, Welcome! This site has been an awesome resource for my son and I.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cb360j...nothing comes to mind right now (well possibly piston rings), but as I'm working through the motorcycle I'd like to have a name when I need to take it somewhere. Specifically a name that has worked on older Honda's that someone on this board has used and trusts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts