Honda Twins banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined this forum and wanted to post a few pictures from a month or so ago. I also tried to post a "part wanted" piece and don't know if I did it right. My 71 450 Scrambler has a broken front brake lever bracket as I was forced into a ditch by a "leaf peeper" yesterday. I would love to know if someone has one to sell.

I'll try and post the pictures below.

Glad there are others that love their bikes as much as I do mine.

Tom[attachment=1:suuoylo0]IMG_6657.jpg[/attachment:suuoylo0][attachment=2:suuoylo0]IMG_6655.jpg[/attachment:suuoylo0][attachment=0:suuoylo0]IMG_6659.jpg[/attachment:suuoylo0]

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds cool Brendan - I need to get the front brake perch fixed first. Got any leads on any old stashes up our way?

Keep in touch.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Is the perch you need integral with the bottom half of your switch unit?.....

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Nice bike, we never saw many scramblers in the UK. Mainly all road bikes perhaps we dont have so much unpaved land to ride on but hey.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Folks,

For the gentleman looking for the mirror perch, it seems I was wrong - I need the entire right-side unit with 3 position headlight switch, starter button, throttle, etc.

I guess it was wishful thinking when I first looked at it. I understand that CL 350 fits as well but not CB 450 as that is designed for disc brakes.

Glad, in just this way, that winter has largely settled in the Northeast Kingdom of VT, although today it is warm and sunny.

Hang in there all my Twin friends and please keep an eye out. Thanks to he fellow who thinks perhaps he has the right part - I would pay a fair price and be much obliged. I have several other old bikes and this is the one I choose if not headed on the interstate - everytime. Just love it.

Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
tmcguire said:
Hi Folks,

For the gentleman looking for the mirror perch, it seems I was wrong - I need the entire right-side unit with 3 position headlight switch, starter button, throttle, etc.

I guess it was wishful thinking when I first looked at it. I understand that CL 350 fits as well but not CB 450 as that is designed for disc brakes.

Glad, in just this way, that winter has largely settled in the Northeast Kingdom of VT, although today it is warm and sunny.

Hang in there all my Twin friends and please keep an eye out. Thanks to he fellow who thinks perhaps he has the right part - I would pay a fair price and be much obliged. I have several other old bikes and this is the one I choose if not headed on the interstate - everytime. Just love it.

Tom
well i thought i might have the part, but since the cb450 won't, that would be the parts i have. sorry i was trying, did you check ebay? i search that everyday like a hawk!

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Tom...Just got a 70 or 71 CL 450 into the yard today......So I have the switch unit you need.....E-mail me.... Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts