Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey y'all
about two months ago i bought my first bike - 82 cb450 t hawk. it runs good, plan is to cafe it (eventually). i know heck all about bikes so this should be a good one.
probably be around with many dumb questions in the future -
:)
Char

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here. Got any pics of it?
Here's some good reading for you....http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/74...n/18504-basic-checklist-new-you-old-bike.html
Especially since you're new to bikes, leave it stock right off and ride it as it is.
Then you will have a basis for any changes you make.
I have seen many new owners tear into the bike and get overwhelmed or discouraged for not getting it to run properly, then abandon the project.
The 1980 CM I just picked up WAS going to be a 'bobber'. Owner gave up after dismantling it.

Vehicle Auto part Car Family car Rim

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome, nice bike I just picked one up myself, my son lives in Victoria nice town

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Engine

Throttle was pretty sticky so I gave it some grease yesterday, flushed the fuel tank - po put an inline fuel filter which is in good shape
I adjusted the idle speed (idles now around 1200) cuz it kept dying
Been riding it a little but the deal with my folks is I can get my license spring 2018 so I got awhile to mess around first
Thanks for the link- guess I better start making a list :)

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Welcome aboard, winter is coming to the Great White North so there's plenty of time to go through everything and get it right. +1 on getting it running and working right, ride it for a few months before making changes. 95% of the "cafe racers" are worth about 10 cents on the dollar since most of the workmanship is poor at best

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.