Honda Twins banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
ericpete said:
..... well but i do not have the knowledge to get out the last few kinks

can anybody help???
Probably, but you have to let us know what the problem is first.

Welcome.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
The air-cut valve diaphragms on the carbs were a common problem.... But until we know the symptoms we are just guessing blindly........ :roll: Steve

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Did the air filter/cleaner element EVER get wet? If it did, the paper can compress and not pass enough air..... Replace the element.....
Also, are you SURE the choke is completely open?...The cables tend to stick.....
Third option...The carbs are flooding....Clean and adjust floats and check shut-off needles and seats

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Wouldn't be the first time a rat's nest inside the element was the culprit......I've even found one full of dogfood squirreled away by some rodents.....Remove the element and see how it runs....(with the cover back on)... If it's appreciably better, replace the element with a new one!....(you can't always see the element is "bad" just by looking)

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
GB... CLOGGED jets would cause a lean condition.... It almost has to be a clogged filter, or partially choked.... OR flooding .....

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
My bad Steve. I figured he might have an air jet or something along those lines clogged, causing it to be overly rich.. I'm not terribly familiar with those carbs...

I edited my previous post, so as not to confuse him further..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't know your exact symptoms - but check the exhaust for free-flow, also. A partly restricted exhaust can produce similar flow-blockage symptoms, usually runs OK at low speed, but no power when you ask for it. Run it without air cleaners to eliminate intake restriction possibilities, see how it goes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts