Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone- I am a new motorcycle owner and motorcyclist in general. I just bought a 1971 CL350. She runs but needs some work. I purchased a Clymer manuel and am waiting for it to arrive so I can start getting my bike street ready. The exhaust pipes are not original- she seems to run a bit rich and is backfiring like crazy. The key is stuck in the ignition since I bought it and I can't for the life of me get it out. Ive tried WD-40, graphite powder and just tugging it a whole lot. Im excited to start learning motorcycle mechanics and to start riding.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome - you should look around here for a FSM (Factory Service Manual) and use it for important specs and adjustment info, the aftermarket manuals are famous for inaccuracies. You'll get a lot of help with your 350 here, lots of people deeply involved with them. If you can't find a FSM, post a request and someone will have one you can download

·
Registered
9,797 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone- I am a new motorcycle owner and motorcyclist in general. I just bought a 1971 CL350. She runs but needs some work. I purchased a Clymer manuel and am waiting for it to arrive so I can start getting my bike street ready. The exhaust pipes are not original- she seems to run a bit rich and is backfiring like crazy. The key is stuck in the ignition since I bought it and I can't for the life of me get it out. Ive tried WD-40, graphite powder and just tugging it a whole lot. Im excited to start learning motorcycle mechanics and to start riding.
Welcome to the forum! My '71 CB250 has a little trick to get the key out of the ignition: you need to push the key up a little before you take it out. I can record a video in the next few days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts