Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1978 CB400T Hawk II
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just picked up a 1978, (built 12/77), CB400T Hawk II. I responded to the for-sale ad and discovered it was owned by a friend of mine I have known for a long, long time.

It is a gently used, 1,675 miles, bike in Tahitian Red, all stock and running very well. Tank would have been perfect except something fell against the right side making a minor ding and paint chip. All the chrome needs cleaned, some of it pitted a little past perfect cleaning up, but will see how it goes. Exhaust is good except the right muffler is showing ridges on the outside where the baffle is. That one may not last very long. All lighting works, though the horn will need to be made working. Throttle cables will need a look at as the throttle is a bit stiff and choke cable, though working, is broken past the housing making it difficult to operate. I have a list of things to do next spring on the 'ole girl to spruce her up and make her even better.

As a side note, I lusted after one of these in my junior year in High School. I am sure I wore out the pamphlet I got from the local Honda dealer. Though I have had many, many bikes a Hawk was not one of them. I am excited to finally find one I can tinker with.

Cheers,

Marty Towsley
Springfield, IL

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome and nice to see another 400 in here.

Reactions: Schach!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts