Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just like many new people, I've been lurking here for some time. And I thought it was time to introduce myself.

Last year I started tearing apart a non-running '71 CB750 I've had for a couple of years with the intention of doing a full-on café conversion. But as spring began to arrive, I realized I have nothing to ride. And I'd like to take my time with that project.

So I acquired a '73 CB450 from my father. It was his first bike, and he bought it new, rode it 4000 miles and put it away when he got another new bike. I had borrowed it once before when I learned to ride and I put another 2000 on it.

At that time I cleaned the rust out and kreemed the tank. Also cleaned up the carbs. But it has sat nearly a decade since then.

I just got it back on the road. It needed a little bit of care and I've made a couple of updates, like new handlebars, which I'll post in the project section. Anyway, here's a couple of pictures of this family heirloom bike of mine.

How it looked when I got it:

And after a couple of modifications:

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Welcome to the group Kevin. This is the right spot for information on your 450.

All I got on the pics was some little squares with x's in them. Oh yeah, I'm the computer illiterate guy, and proud of it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

I originally had those pics in a private folder on my SkyDrive. I could see them when I previewed my post. I'm not a computer genius myself, so I don't know why that would be. But I moved them to a public folder. Hopefully they can be seen now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Znabb said:
I can see the pictures of your bike but not your avatar picture.

Hahaha. I hope I'm better with motorcycles than I am with images. I think I've fixed my avatar.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Welcome to the group and that is a great original example you have.

Do you plan on keeping the luggage rack?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MNellis said:
Welcome to the group and that is a great original example you have.

Do you plan on keeping the luggage rack?
Thanks for the compliments.

I have not yet decided about the rack. I don't ever see myself putting it back on. I'm struggling with keeping it only because it was an original accessory that my father put on the bike. But I know someone out there could probably really use it. And I hate the idea of it going unused on a shelf in my garage. That's one of the reasons I wanted to get this bike from my father in the first place. It's been largely unused for the 30 years after he bought a bigger bike.

Oh, the pressure!

Here's what it looked like with just the rack, after I removed the sissy bar:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts