Honda Twins banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've had bikes most of my life. Had a break due to other commitments. Took the plunge and bought a 1973 CB450 K6. Im in the uk and it's an American import. Had it a couple of months now. It's sprayed us army green! Apart from the tank which is just undercoat grey. Tinkered a lot and have it running well. Passed its MOT, just waiting for the docs to come back from the DVLA, then I'll order plates and I'm on the road :). I have a few questions with I'll ask in the correct places. Cheers

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Alex JB, in a lil village called Seamer next to Scarborough. The bikes had an almost full restoration on it, engines been rebuilt etc. Just needed finishing off. No idea why it's green. Each to their own I suppose.

Lefty and ancientdad. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder!! I looked at a few 450's. I was torn between back to original or brat. They were either too close to original to sacrifice or needed too much work (time wise,I'm a busy man) to bring to life. So "The Greeny" (or as you Americans call a"booger") is a mere blank canvas and will in time become a beauty to behold. Happy days :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm a bit undecided about colour, I'll be spraying the frame and wheels etc black, keeping the engine as it is I think. Also the seat not 100 percent but I'm leaning towards black.... I've kinda fallen in love with the look of these two so I'm gonna aim for something like it .......

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts