Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I recently picked up a 74 cb450 and thanks to my giddiness to get the bike failed to do the necessary tests and now find myself with a locked up engine. I'm in the process of trying to get the bike turning over now. Part of me is thinking of keeping it all stock, the other part of me has always loved a cafe look but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Just wanted to introduce myself and I'm looking forward to posting some updates soon.

Mike

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Welcome, you will enjoy that bike when you get to ride it. Can you tell us what you did so far and why you think it locked up due to your efforts?
Don

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The kickstart is locked up, won't turn anything over. I followed the direction of a few other boards and have sprayed pb blaster inside the spark plug holes to try to loosen it up. thats about as far as I've gone with it so far. any ideads would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great night tonight, met up with the po of the bike who gave me about an inch worth of documents on the bike. before i left to meet him i pulled the side covers off and cleaned the garbage out, when i got home figured i'd give it another shot... turned the crank with the covers off and pb blaster shot about 6 feet across the garage all over my peg board. i'll take it though. the engine turns over great now. now i just need a free weekend to finish it up. man i was getting frustrated with that bike. totally fixed my mood. i think my wife is going to be happier now that i'm not walking around the house grumbling incoherently.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Don't be celebrating too quickly. You're work is far from finished. It was locked up for a reason. That reason will come back to haunt you, be it low compression numbers, or other problems..

You'll likely end up needing a rebuild of the top end at a minumum..

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's very likely.. You'll know soon enough.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no doubt this is not the end of the road in terms of the bike. However, instead of being a seized up pile of metal in my garage it is now an unseized pile of metal in my garage. I'll take whatever I can get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts