Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I just acquired a Honda 350, I think it is either a '68 or '69.

My name is Glenn or Lenny.

I'm visually impaired, but mechanics are not a problem, I can still rebuild mechanical things by feel and in years past I've rebuilt V8s, and although it's been a long time since I've done engine work, we don't forget most stuff, and my mechanics knowledge is from the era of my bike, so I won't come across something I don't know about, such as fuel injection, but I hope to get lots of good info from this forum, so I don't have to reinvent the wheel while diagnosing the issues with this bike.

I have a problem question that I will make a new thread for after this, but in my intro, I'm hoping someone can enlighten me on some clues to how to know the year of my bike.

I used to drive a Honda 175, '71, and the engine and frame parts on this 350 seem quite a bit older than my '71 was.

So I think it's a CB, but of that I'm not sure.

It's blue with chrome fenders and it has turn signals, the rear ones are missing.

If there is anything distinguishing to certain years, that may help me identify what it is.

Thanks

Glenn

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know you said you're visually impaired, but do you have someone who can help you with reading the VIN plate? That or the engine serial number? This is the easiest way to identify your motorcycle.

Thanks for being an inspiration.

Chad

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know you said you're visually impaired, but do you have someone who can help you with reading the VIN plate? That or the engine serial number? This is the easiest way to identify your motorcycle.

Chad
Hi Chad,
My son stopped over today, and it may be a year newer than I originally thought.
He read the VIN as:
CL3503012354

Chad
Hi Chad,

Not sure if my reply went, so excuse me if this is a duplicate.

My son stopped over today, and he read the VIN as:

CL350-3012354

So it may be a year or so newer than I originally thought.

But I'm having a hard time finding a site that will read a 14 digit number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts