Honda Twins banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saying HI! for the first time. I picked up a '74 CB 360 with 3,455 original miles this past spring and looking forward to have a vintage motorcycle over the next few years. Grew up on dirt bikes and owned a late model sport bike, wife picked up this CB for my 32nd birthday(Lucky Guy :D ). Here's a couple picks

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Welcome to the HondaTwins site. That's a nice looking 360 with great paint. You should have lots of fun with it.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Whoa...32yr old....1974 CB360 with real nice blue paint...

If you're a chef with a red mohawk, then I think you may be my doppelganger :lol:

Welcome :cool:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Nice looking survivor bike there.. ;)

Seeing that it's a 360, your wife must want you out of the house and in the garage 7 days a week or something.. :lol: :p Leethal will know what I mean.. ;)

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dirtbag said:
360 formula

1 day riding = 7 days wrenching.
^^ I hope not. :? But, I know where to ask for help when needed. Thanks for the warm invite! The current trend is good right now, hope it holds up. Previous owner just had it to a Vintage Honda shop (here in Cincy) that went over it(full 3,000 mile service), Compression checked out, changed oil & cleaned filter, checked cam shafts & cam chain (old owner request), adjusted tappet valves, checked ignition & timing, replace both spark plugs, checked gas tank, cleaned the fuel filter, replaced the fuel lines (added inline filters also), cleaned the carbs and re-sync them up. This was all performed 160 miles ago, what I have done recently was clean and blow out the air filter(s), and clean and lube up the drive chain. Oh, and I switched the fuel grade, he was running 89 octane and the owner manual called for 91 or higher octane so I switched to Shell 93 octane. It starts up on the first try everytime, and is a blast to ride. Smooth clutch, nice power, seems quick but not fast. Please let me know if I need to lookout for anything.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
CB360: so, now that you've had your 360 for a while, how is it treating you? I'm real curious, as I just bought one, a '75 with more miles ( 10k ) on it.
Yours is beautiful!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a '75 and it's the same color. I noticed your side covers are in great shape. Mine were cut in 2 by a previous owner. I see that a lot of the side covers for sale have some sort of damage to them. So if yours are whole and pristine, good for you!

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
RAGBrian said:
I have a '75 and it's the same color. I noticed your side covers are in great shape. Mine were cut in 2 by a previous owner. I see that a lot of the side covers for sale have some sort of damage to them. So if yours are whole and pristine, good for you!
If you look closely, the vent slat on my right one is broken. I picked up a pair of red ones off ebay for a whopping $90. I hope to recoupe at least half that selling the ones I already have. I'm not really enamored with the non-correct green color, and am going to paint the tank red to match the red covers. My other two Hondas are red, and I like 'em that way.

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
Those nasty plastic covers are the entire reason I bought a set of 77 CJ air boxes and fabbed mounts for them and installed them. They are ALL METAL and look loads better IMHO. Plus the filters are still findable.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
frogman79 said:
Those nasty plastic covers are the entire reason I bought a set of 77 CJ air boxes and fabbed mounts for them and installed them. They are ALL METAL and look loads better IMHO. Plus the filters are still findable.
I may have to look for a set.
I'm going to a swap meet on Sunday, maybe I'll get lucky.

My bike has already been changed over to pods. So the covers are just cosmetic at this point.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts