Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I'm rebuilding a very dusty and rusty CB360, which has only 1,500 miles on it when uncovered from the back of a garage, but had ape hanger bars, extended forks and open pipes. Started and idled, and has good compression, but the carb slides were stuck, and the tires were 45 years old, so I haven't ridden it yet.

Tore it down and I'm now rebuilding it as a cafe racer (out of style, but I can't help it - I had to get rid of that giant rear brake pedal somehow).

Here's it is at the time of purchase, but with normal forks installed.

I tore it down, rebuilt the carbs, cleaned off all the dust, grease and cobwebs, rebuilt the forks and brakes, did a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember, de-tabbed the frame, painted most of it, set the timing chain tension and valve clearance, then replaced the rims with aluminum black-anodized ones, installed new tires, clip-ons and rearsets, and got an electronic ignition ready to go. A friend and I started reassembly this weekend:

Here it is after today's work. I had to use longer shocks to give more tire clearance:

Seat is custom-made by a local upholsterer in return for reviving his Virago 250. I'll probably keep the stock tank paint in spite of some rust spots.

Next step is the wiring, and then she'll be ready for a test ride.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Welcome! Nice project and well done. ?? You do what ever you like with your project, people won't judge you.

Keep us posted!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Wow that is a lot of progress in one post! Good work haha! Hello fellow Chicagoan...and CB360 owner!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats quite the build, nice bike!, hello and welcome to the forum! Where did you find those pipes, those are very nice, hows the sound with them?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Found them on eBay. They are from MAC. Fit well, but come very close below the passenger pegs, so I had to remount my rearsets an inch higher.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! The only problem is that it's so lightweight that it's hard to kickstart without almost knocking it over.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Nice lookin' cafe job! Agree on the lil jab about the fender :D It also helps to brace the forks a bit.

Reactions: ancientdad
1 - 20 of 28 Posts