Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I found this forum by way of www.hondatwins.com. I've got a '71 CB175 I'm currently working to find parts for and turn into a budget cafe build. It was my uncle's bike and sat for about 30 years, I brought it home, cleaned it up, changed the oil, replaced the points, cleaned the carbs, sealed the gas tank, and got it running. It doesn't run great, and has a hard time starting some times. I'm considering stripping down and rebuilding the entire thing, but as of now it is completely stock. I have seen some good ideas here and hope to collaborate with you. I have figured out it is DIFFICULT to find parts, especially gaskets, so maybe you guys have some leads?

The battery the stealership sold me doesn't hold a charge, so I'll have to remedy that. Also, the starter works, but there is a chirping sound that sounds like the gears in the motor or the subsequent chain. I just kick start it because I don't want to damage anything. Any ideas on this?

I'll post pics later and possibly start another post on this project.

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Welcome,...... I'm the local 175 freak, so don't hesitate with questions..... Also, Please start your own topic and post your project pics, etc in the projects section....I can probably help when it's time to clean/repair the starter clutch, but we'll wait for the project to officially begin.... Let's see some pics!.... Steve

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Welcome to the group. This is the place to be for anyone with a 2 cyl Honda. :D

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Oh Oh. :eek:

I would suggest that you do a search of the forum on that topic as the opinions will outnumber the members (that's cause some of us can't remember what we said last time). :cry:

Asking someone what kind of oil he likes is like asking if he prefers Ginger or Mary Ann (did I say that before?) :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts