Honda Twins banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured one of these days I would get around to updating the front page...

If anyone is interested, take a look

http://www.hondatwins.net

i plan to highlight builds, projects, questions, answers, good posts, techincal info, products, accessories, tools etc as they become relevent.

I figured woody's cafe bike was a great place to start.

Please feel free to let me know of any items that you consider worth checking out for a spot on the front page!

Jason

·
Registered
163 Posts
Jason, Looks REALLY nice. :cool:

One thing I would like to see that ive seen on several other sites with forums is maybe a sidebar with a listing of "Most Popular Threads"or "Hot Threads" ,or maybe even "Latest Threads" with them then listed below with maybe an excerpt from the opening post in that thread.

Link them then so that they can click on that post excerpt so that it takes them to that thread in whatever forum header its in. :cool:

Just makes it kinda interesting for new folks to see what we talk about that maybe havent been to the forums. ;)

Just my $.02
Randy :)

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Maybe a great big fat link to the "6 easy steps to a new old honda" that Bill wrote.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ah yes , Forgot that Lee.

Ditto on that suggestion for me as well. ;)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I second the thought about adding a link to Bill's 6 step program to evaluate old Honda twins..

I'd also like to see his bike on the front page if you guys think that's a good idea??

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Looks great Jason. I think I was only on the front page once, when I found this site and signed up for the forum. Now, since I have the forums bookmarked I haven't been back to the homepage since. This will now give me good reason too.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
I just spotted the health warning in the bottom right corner of the home screen...niiiice :twisted:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
I second the thought about adding a link to Bill's 6 step program to evaluate old Honda twins..

I'd also like to see his bike on the front page if you guys think that's a good idea??

I made a post regarding bills 6 step program.

Thanks.

the goal really is just 1 post per day to get some traffic.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Jason, That's really a very nice touch, with the front page stuff and Woody's bike Is enticing enough to make folks WANT to see what's on the inside. Great Job! ;)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
The front page is pretty killer looking. I did notice a couple of errors in the spelling though. I'm anal like that as a retired spelling bee champion.. :lol:

Bills username is spelled wrong. One letter missing..

Also, "evaluating"...

Just thought I'd mention it... :oops:

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
I've been pretty pleased with the ease of finding my way around your site. Being a great proponent of the KISS principle I'd hate to see it get too busy. When someone with my level of computer illiteracy can use your product you must be doing things OK.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
J-T said:
I've been pretty pleased with the ease of finding my way around your site. Being a great proponent of the KISS principle I'd hate to see it get too busy. When someone with my level of computer illiteracy can use your product you must be doing things OK.
I agree. I like the kiss concept. I don't plant to add much more than we see. Just a way to highlight some features of the site this way.

I will fix up the spelling errors. This is a common problem for me. I can do calculus in my head, but i cant spell to save my life.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts