Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up everyone. my name is aaron, im 21 and i currently go to school at ball state university in muncie, IN. i found this site from looking around on how to get the oil filter bolt out of my 72 450. i was just googling stuff and came across this forum. ive looked around at the projects here and they all look really good. right now my bike is in pieces i have the engine off and i think today im gonna do some work on the frame. i plan on getting it repainted and cleaning up some of the rust off the chrome parts. i dont plan on spending massive amounts on this just enough to make it look a little better. it doenst have second gear and it was reallllly hard to shift so thats where im at on the engine other then that it was all great!!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
You don't have an "oil filter bolt" You have a centrifugal oil spinner with a nut inside it holding it on. You'll need to use a punch to knock the lock washers tabs down flat, then use this tool to remove the nut. But first you'll need some snap ring pliers to remove the c-clip holding the oil spinner cover on.

http://www.google.com/products?q=cb+oil ... n+pro&aq=f

Here's a parts fiche showing that assembly: http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb450-super- ... E++09.html

Welcome aboard.

GB :mrgreen:

oh ok get how it works now.. thanks for the welcome. i found this site looking for that took actually so ill be picking one up soon or seeing if i can get my buddy to make one for me.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
One of the special sockets can be cut from an old socket but it'd be a pain in the butt. Personally I'd spend the $12. You could also order the Motionpro tool (special threaded bolt or CB350 axle) to remove the flywheel while you're placing your order... ;)

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome. Let us know where second gear went off to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts