Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I got my 1971 CB350 about 1.5 months ago, about the same time I got my MC license. Waiting for the license while my bike sat in the garage was horrible!

My motor was bad news, though. It had a noise when I bought, and the old guy said it was probably the cam chain tensioner. It didn't sound that bad and ran well, so I bought it. After a few weeks of riding, I got all the parts to replace the cam chain and tensioner. I started taking the motor apart, and think of my surprise when I looked at the end of crankshaft and all of the balls in the end bearing were at the bottom! The cage that keeps the steel balls in place in the bearing was in little pieces at the bottom. So that's what the noise was! I found a used engine that's holding together pretty well. (I might have replaced the bearing, but there was a LOT of metal shavings in the oil filter, so nope.)

Other than that, it's been great fun. I converted my turn signals into side marker lights/turn signals this weekend. It shows up a lot better in the dark. I've replaced quite a few other things as well. (chain, cables, etc).

Later!

71hondacbtwin

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
Hello

I'm new here too, but I guess I can still welcome another new member. I have a 1971 CL350 which is pretty much like yours other than tank, exhaust, and footpegs. They are good little bikes, and I have already found a lot of wise advice on here. Good luck with your new ride / riding experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts