Honda Twins banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m actaully a triumph kinda guy. But a couple of years ago I bought a 1971 350 SL. It was a sad little beast and needed a lot of love and attention. So I rebuilt it. But ever since I’ve owned it I’ve had terrible problems with the carburation. It had a couple of local carbs on it to start with and ran like a a pig. I bought a pair of mikunis and it ran even worse. eventually, I got hold of an original pair of carbs for a 71 sl...finally it ran really well. But...as always it was a pig to start, but only when it was cold.
The other day the left hand carb started to overflow...badly. On inspection the float was leaking...I order 2 new floats but in the meantime, I resoldered the leaking float and it was fine. Still a pig to start.
Anyway, last weekend the new floats turned up so I popped them into the carbs. The levels were perfect so no need to adjust. Now, here’s the weirdest thing....it now starts first kick! Evrytime even when it’s been sitting around for a few days. How strange is that?

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.