Honda Twins banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this?

It looks very interesting. Note how the kit has a brand new stator and coil design as well.

They also have kits for different Honda bikes as well

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Very sophisticated design from what I can see. It isn't cheap however.

·
Sensei
27,023 Posts
Can't possibly see how the single coil would avoid firing the right cylinder (which is now full of uncompressed mixture) when it fires the left cylinder........Would work on a type II engine (360 degree) but not on the 180 degree CB450 with which we are familiar....

As to sophisticated, the alternator replacement parts look suspiciously like Chinese GY6 bits.......

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm also a bit perplexed on how the single coil would work in the DOHC CB450

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
In one section they imply the plugs both have to be connected to fire, like a twin lead coil, but in another section they imply that the sparks are polarized to be at 180°... and, apparently you have to give up your electric start because of the design of the rotor. AND, they must not have any familiarity with the DOHC 450 engine since they mention "crankshaft repairs" causing the end of the crank to be shorter which could cause issues with the juxtaposition of their 2 components. Pricey, somewhat of a mystery as to proper operation, and electric start delete

·
Registered
3,524 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
@ancient read what? I read the thread didn’t see anyone mention it. I’ve seen in person bikes running these. They work really well. Am I not allowed an opinion?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts