Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a idea what the best/easiest way to put new fork dust boots on? oh ya, 74 cb450!
Thank you... :?:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Loosen the upper triple tree bolts and clamp pinch bolts, and slide the tubes down and out of the trees. Slide the boots over the tubes and stretch them over the sliders (fork lowers). A hair dryer may help you perform this by lightly heating the rubber boots. Then reinstall the tubes back into the triple trees.

After removing your speedo drive cable and any brake lines of course..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
608 Posts
wheel off, one leg at a time

·
Registered
89 Posts
Very timely. I was about to ask what folks are using for gaitors and where they are getting them. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike V.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mikevan10 said:
Very timely. I was about to ask what folks are using for gaitors and where they are getting them. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike V.
I got genuwine Honda items from my dealer - spendy!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, looks like original parts will be over 30 bucks each. I am hoping to find a much cheaper alternative. Any other suggestions?

Mike V.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i got them on ebay it was a good day $26 bucks, search for a good deal!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
If anyone else needs a set of those NOS Honda fork boots then I've got a NOS set for sale. I'll do $45.00 shipped in the 48 states..

If not then keep your eyes peeled for an upcoming for sale thread from me. If I ever get off my butt and take the pictures. I've got LOADS of spare 450 parts, and other bikes as well..

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts