Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am from Cobourg, Ontario and have just picked up a 1972 CD175. It looks like it is all there. The plate on the back is from 1980 and I have no history. The engine is not seized. I have ordered a Clymer manual for 125-200cc honda twins. I will need new exhaust pipes, cables, a 6v battery etc. First off where do I find parts for this besides ebay. A quick look shows some parts from Thailand... I hope they fit. What CB/CL 175 parts fit? Any and all responses are appreciated. Just getting started with my first vintage bike...lots to learn :) Thanks 20180724_115233.jpg

·
Registered
500 Posts
Welcome and nice find! You will find lots of knowledgable friendly people here. I'm from Sudbury, so not too far! I bought my parts from Fortnine and 4into1. They are fun bike to work on and sometime a pain. Enjoy!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hello and congrats on your project. This is fun but be aware it is highly addictive. Don’t ask me how I know. 4into1, cmsnl.com or David Silver Spares are some good resources for vintage Honda parts.
I actually studied in Coburg but the one in Bavaria/Germany.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well this is my first vintage bike. It is all there but will need a bit of work as it has sat along time. Looking forward to the experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey, Im from toronto and also have a Cd175(1973). I do have some spare parts from over the years of restoring, contact me if your looking for anything specific. Hope your bike is coming along!
David

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am looking for the exhaust pipes...one of the two on my bike is rusted through. The head light bracket that fits on the fork tube, I'm looking for one of the two there as well. The one on this bike is pretty dented...multiple dents on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
805 Posts
One thing I've learned is to compare parts fiches on cmsnl between your bike and the cb175 fiches, same part number means it'll work.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
CB175 exhausts will fit.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
cmsnl.com is your best friend... at least for parts fiches. If you absolutely need something and can't get it anywhere else, then it would justify their high shipping prices (at least to the US)

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Hi, your bike's a K3, the baseline of the bikes the same as all the other 175's. BUT there's actually way more about them that's different than people realise. As Richard said any vert cb, cl or sl 175 exhaust will fit
I've got a CD175 k3 with CL175 K3 exhaust and front brake, and CB200 stator ( to get it running 12v)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts