Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I've checked and restored the stock wiring harness of my 450 project recently, I realized that I was never really satisfied with the different wiring diagrams we're all familiar with. So I decided to do another one. Since I'm working on a '72 it's based on the K5 factory diagram. The main purpose to do another one was that I wanted to have a clean basis to draw perhaps a modified diagram from and to make one as easy to read as possible. I started to work on my first 450 with the original b/w shop manual which was hardly readable. I found others but was nerver really pleased...
So here is another version. I'm not an electical engineer so some symbols might not be 100% correct but my focus was on readability and understanding. Comments and suggestions are highly apprechiated! Especially for the right hand controls where I'm still struggling with the neutral...

View attachment 239258

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Attachment isn't viewing for me.
Recently I needed to rewire my 450 since it was all hacked to bits by a previous owner. I ended up using a random 350 and it mostly fit.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Very nicely done.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks.

Thank you guys! Can anyone verify the right hand control switch settings? I'm wondering why DY/SE is always connected and also what the 'neutral' status is about...

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
DY/SE are for the alternator to put out more when the lights are on. I don't know about the "N".

light switch.jpg

I'm guessing the "N" is when the switch is transitioning from "L" to "H", looks like everything is powered during transition, low beam, high beam, running lights.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, I thought the two stator settings were between high and low but the on/off difference makes more sense indeed. Still wondering about the "N"... Could it be that "N" is not an actual setting but this is to just indicate that all wires will be connected for a very short time when switching between high and low beam...? (Headscratch):?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts