Honda Twins banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumba** kid thinks his project is progressing without a hitch till Murphy's Law strikes!

I got my replacement wiring harness (Norda CB360 reproduction wiring harness) installed and connected all of my electrical components to the wiring harness by matching color to color. After double checking the wiring and the arrival of my Motobatt replacement battery today, I went ahead and ran to my bike like a kid on Christmas to test out my lights, horn, etc.

Immediately after flicking the key, the main 15A fuse glowed and popped! Back to the drawing board.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the very first thing I need to look at is to verify that my ground connections to the bike frame (negative terminal cable connection to engine mounting bolt and the wiring harness connection near the coils) are clean? I may have to scrape away at some paint/powdercoat to be 100% sure.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also:
1. Going to look for any red or black wires that may be grounding to the frame
2. Going to look at the relay for the turn signal, make sure that is wired up correctly (aka guess and check)
3. Going to make sure the handlebar switches aren't grounding to the frame.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm....Interesting!

So the CB360 right side handlebar switch should be grounded to the handlebars. I see images online of some sort of "jumper cable" to provide grounding to the bottom of the risers. I will have to do some digging around in the garage to see if I have one of those.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welp that was stupid!

I checked the winkler relay (turn signal relay), I had the green wire attached instead of the grey. Just that little mismatch blew the main fuse! Be sure to TRIPLE check your double checks people!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah problems just seem to fix themselves on HT!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Being greeted by this:

Instead of a fzzzzzz...POP! is a wonderful thing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought the norda harness for my 76 cb360, looking for a little assistance. Do you happen to remember where the purple wire goes?? It’s not an original color. Also do you have access to a digital copy of the norda diagram, the one that came with mine is very faded. Any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hmmmm....Interesting!

So the CB360 right side handlebar switch should be grounded to the handlebars. I see images online of some sort of "jumper cable" to provide grounding to the bottom of the risers. I will have to do some digging around in the garage to see if I have one of those.
Wait, does it have to be the right switch?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Compare Norda harness to schematic.....Whatever color that is not on both should be the purple and its purpose (the wire it replaces)

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wait, does it have to be the right switch?
Honestly, this mod was unnecessary, as it didn't address my fuse popping incident. There seems to have been some concerns from people online on other websites that with the rubber isolation dampers for the handlebar risers, there may be improper grounding for the hand-switches, so some people installed a jumper cable from the risers to a ground on the wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought the norda harness for my 76 cb360, looking for a little assistance. Do you happen to remember where the purple wire goes?? It’s not an original color. Also do you have access to a digital copy of the norda diagram, the one that came with mine is very faded. Any help would be awesome!
Hey there Andy. I am several hundred miles away from my bike, BUT I made a youtube video of my project a while back. At the 5:39 mark, it looks like purple connects to light blue!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts