Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a rough 72, cb350. It's running kinda bad. The throttle hangs when it's fully warmed up. I know I need to go through the carbs but I'm wondering if I need to check the valves or ignition points first? It's been a few years since i worked on a new bike and I forget the routine. Also, I see some YouTube videos of guys running the fuel crossover, over the top of the frame instead of under the frame. Should I do this? It would make removing the tank much easier.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Check compression ,Check points and timing. Then the carbs. If you run the cross over tube over the frame you no longer have a reserve. Put on a quick disconnect on the crossover and run it under the frame. I am no expert but these are my thoughts.

Bill H

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so I checked the compression cold and both cylinders are at 170, so that's good. I went to adjust the points and **** gets a little weird. I set the left side to .4m and the check it with a timing light. It should light up on the LF indicator mark. Well, it doesn't light up on LF but it does light up on some previous owner scratched in mark. Any idea what's going on here?

Light Automotive tire Rim Locking hubs Automotive wheel system

1 - 3 of 3 Posts