Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought one of these little gems and don't know much about it. Just wanted to reach out to any owners and make sure there is nothing I need to look out for as far as issues these bikes have. Any help is appreciated

Thank you.
Badger 5

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
If it's the model with the cable operated front disc, they can be problematic until you get them cleaned and adjusted.. That's all I can think of for now. Others here should have more info..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is the cable operated front disc and the brakes are horrible. Haven't had a chance to dig into but hopefully i can get it to stop a little better.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Bill swears that those CB200 cable operated discs work really well once they're cleaned and lubed properly. I'd be inclined to believe him...

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Yeah, mine stops great when it's dry.
I can't say about in the rain, as I don't ride in the rain much..........
Actually, I was surprised because I'd heard bad things about them beforehand.
But once I figured out how to get it apart, it was ok to deal with.

Now this CM200 I'm doing has terrible brakes, kind of pathetic actually.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tbpmusic- I finally got a chance to dig into my front brake on the CB200.....and Damn. I'm not sure if it is doing what it's supposed to do or not. If you ever get a chance to give me a call I would like to tell you what I see and you can tell me if you think i can salvage this POS. PM me if you would be willing to do this and I'll shoot you my number.

Thanks,
Badger 5

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Badger....I would be happy to discuss the caliper's operation direct..... 541-427-4256 anytime after 8 PM eastern daylight.......I screen calls, so start talking when the message "beeps"..........

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Badger 5 said:
tbpmusic- I finally got a chance to dig into my front brake on the CB200.....and Damn. I'm not sure if it is doing what it's supposed to do or not. If you ever get a chance to give me a call I would like to tell you what I see and you can tell me if you think i can salvage this POS. PM me if you would be willing to do this and I'll shoot you my number.

Thanks,
Badger 5
PM sent...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts