Honda Twins banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Shipping could be expensive.
The front tire looks like an Avon tread.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I'm not to keen on using a tubless tire with a tube. You can do it, but you end up with a heavier wheel. CST has a US website, I'm sure they can be ordered on this side of the Atlantic. They come from China.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm not to keen on using a tubless tire with a tube. You can do it, but you end up with a heavier wheel. CST has a US website, I'm sure they can be ordered on this side of the Atlantic. They come from China.
I must say I've never heard that logic before. I'm willing to bet if you weighed tubless and tube type tires you'd find a negligible difference in weight.

To the OP. There are countless tires available here in the states. Why would you even consider the deal you posted.

Reactions: TOOLS1

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Is this the return of Cheng Shin Tires to the States? Hi-Max was one of their offerings before they went extinct several years ago.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must say I've never heard that logic before. I'm willing to bet if you weighed tubless and tube type tires you'd find a negligible difference in weight.

To the OP. There are countless tires available here in the states. Why would you even consider the deal you posted.
Because I found the tread pattern unique and I liked it, and for the price excluding shipping which could be attractive if available here, and because I have not found countless tires available in 18" sizes with matching tread patterns and at fairly reasonable prices. And lest you think I should spend $250 or 300 bucks on tires for my 360, I just bought license plates for twenty one vehicles. Sorry if the deal I posted offended you...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Because I found the tread pattern unique and I liked it, and for the price excluding shipping which could be attractive if available here, and because I have not found countless tires available in 18" sizes with matching tread patterns and at fairly reasonable prices. And lest you think I should spend $250 or 300 bucks on tires for my 360, I just bought license plates for twenty one vehicles. Sorry if the deal I posted offended you...
If you are wanting to save money, that is exactly why I asked why you would consider the deal you posted. A quick search turned up these.https://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tu...tour-master-motorcycle-tire/p/13855?rrec=true

BTW, unless you are a child molester, nothing you do offends me.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Herb, that link doesn't include tires in our sizes. In metric sizes standard tires would be 90/90-18 front, 100/90-18 rear.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Herb, that link doesn't include tires in our sizes. In metric sizes standard tires would be 90/90-18 front, 100/90-18 rear.
OK, wasn't sure of the exact metric conversion. You shouldn't have any issues going to a 3.50 front and 4.00 rear.

Reactions: slofut

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put shinko 712 front and rear on my bike. I have roughly 6,000 miles on them with no issues. I ride almost every day including hitting the hills on weekends. 100 bucks a pair shipped in the correct sizes from motorcycle superstore. I regularly drag the pegs with no sliding at all. The local ttr supermoto guys run them at the track, that's how I discovered them. I think the avons are overrated and over priced.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I put shinko 712 front and rear on my bike. I have roughly 6,000 miles on them with no issues. I ride almost every day including hitting the hills on weekends. 100 bucks a pair shipped in the correct sizes from motorcycle superstore. I regularly drag the pegs with no sliding at all. The local ttr supermoto guys run them at the track, that's how I discovered them. I think the avons are overrated and over priced.
90/90-18 front and 100/90/18 rear?

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
duro, liberty, IRC all make correct sizes for your bike which are 3.00 x 18 front and 3.50 x 18 rear.

the metric conversion sized tires for these small sizes are generally not rated by the tire manufacturers as being safe to run on the stock narrow Honda rims.

if the tire you are looking at is only available in the metric sizes be sure to go to the tire manufacturer's website and see what width rim they are rated for. in every instance where I've checked, they spec rim width for these metric sized tires which are wider than the stock rims.

an inexpensive source I've found is Sirius consolidated...which can sell them to you shipped for just over $100 for 2 tires.

Reactions: Gibby59 and slofut
1 - 16 of 16 Posts