Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought this 1978 SR500 needs cleaned up a little but it goes and I like it!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I WANT ONE TOO !!!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I agree, those bikes ARE tough looking AND run pretty good as well. :cool:

Nice Pick up ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
i have been curious about these bikes for a while...

how you would say it moves out? Is it expressway worthy? 75mph all day kinda bike?

Jason

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've only ridden it about 10 miles so far Raining here in Ioway up it get up to speed quite nicely, from what I've read it will handle highway speeds ok top end 85/90 but is a bit light weight to consider as a touring mount and vibration is something to keep in mind, that one big piston does thump when the power hits

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Although I LOVE that bike stock, it's just about begging for a flat-track seat and some clip-ons/rearsets... It's too nice of an example for that though..

Keep us updated on your fun-o-meter with this one...

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm to old for the MFF riding posistion :lol:, no it will stay stock might take the turn signals off how's that for rad customizing?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Great bike - I love thumpers! Always had 'em, from my first bike - the vibration is just part of life. And I like the lightness - I have a Suzuki GN400, which is great off road, too. The lightness does mean it gets kicked around by turbulence on the highway, and it gets a sort of "floating" feeling at 70 MPH. Long travel soft front forks don't help that, either. You sure have a pretty bike!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Looks good, wish I had one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts