Honda Twins banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I migrated over here from the SOHC. Just built a 75 cb550f last year. This years project, a 1973 cl450. Here is a pic of this year's project!

ps- Some of the parts are pretty rusty so if you have some lying around please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sounds cool. Welcome.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Updated my profile for ya. Tear down is almost complete. I will take a a few pics of the pile of parts when I get a chance tomorrow :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, the tear down is complete. I am waiting to see if power coating is a viable option for this bike. There is a local dude that I am waiting to hear back from. Can you mask things off before powdercoating like screw holes and bearings and such? Otherwise it will get the old Rustoleum treatment! Here's a pic of the teardown

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
robdrobd said:
Can you mask things off before powdercoating like screw holes and bearings and such? Otherwise it will get the old Rustoleum treatment! Here's a pic of the teardown
You can not use just any old tape when sending something for powder coating. First off they will have to sand blast the part then they will tape up what should not be covered and that needs to be specified by you. Regular tape will not hold up to the 400+ deg oven they use to cure the powder coating.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome to the madness. We love pics fo the strip down and re-build.

Regarding your center stand, you should be able to unthread one end then take a rubber mallet and a straight rod to push it thru ( carefull not to damage the thread off course) at least that's what it took on my 72' CB350.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts