Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all!
Just purchased our first vintage Honda as a father/son project. We came across a 70 CB450 and jumped in. Bike runs, stops, shifts. Initial plan is to spend a few days evaluating and start plan to replace worn/consumable items. With that, brake overhauls, control refresh, fork seals are on the short list.

As this is our first vintage bike, and our first Honda, if anyone has suggestions on must reads, must haves, must watch, please let me know.

My only detailed questions thus far, is there a idiot guide to using the kick starter and where can I find vin# decoder? I used it several times while looking at the bike and a few more times once I got the bike home. Thought I was getting good at it, now it doesn't seem to grab at all. Ignition on, bike in neutral, never any grab on the kick starter. When it did work, I'd pump kick starter twice and it always started. Now the kick starter seems dead, no engagement, straight down with no resistance. Did I miss something?

Look forward to hearing from you all.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Nice bike. Can't help you with the specifics, but don't overlook the tires. Deadly if they're old and/or dry rotted.

If it's similar to the CB350 vin, then I don't think it tells you much. My plate has the year and month stamped on it separately. The vin is something like CB350-xxXXX. And it won't match the engine vin.

I know it can be tough to search a forum of this size, but I'm sure both of those questions have been answered here many times over. Good luck and welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, brand new tires already under it. VIN looks same as you described, so nothing significant to gleam from it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts