Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly because my wife looooooves it.

These things are definitely made for the passenger. The chauffeur in front doesn't get the same accommodation.

But, it's got her interested - she's talking buying gear and getting her license - I tell her I have a CL175 for that!

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
That's a good looking example. It even has the original fuel line hose on the fuel pump.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that unusual? I assume you're talking about the braided lines going to the chrome thingy on top of the engine case...

It's got 61000km (40k miles) and has been in this city since new. In fact the original owner's name is in the manual and he live(d) not far from me.

I suppose though if he bought a new GL in 1985 that he'd be at least 90 now! :D

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Bikenoob said:
Is that unusual? I assume you're talking about the braided lines going to the chrome thingy on top of the engine case...
I guess I was just commenting on the originality. The "chrome thingy" is the electric fuel pump. The fact that the original fuel line is still install is a testament to its robustness. You might want to check it to verify it's still flexible since you can't see if it's cracked at all under the braid.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There doesn't appear to be much molested on this bike. I don't know much about Goldwings other than about a week of internet reading - my wife said we should buy one so I jumped at the chance to get an 'approved' bike. Looked at this one Thursday, thought it was pretty good but hate to buy the first one I look at. Checked out three more on the weekend - all were more miles, not as clean/original/cared for, and had some other problem with them. Went back and bought this one Monday.

At first I thought the 'chrome thingy' was the ignition coil!

Really all I need to do is get the suspension adjusted properly (too low pressure leads to uncomfortable head shake, and I have some heavier fork oil to go in), get a cushion for the seat (Would be nice to be 3" higher!) and get the radio/intercom working 100%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts