Honda Twins banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BREAKING NEWS

From Paul on 15 Oct, 08 10:27PM:

Mark's Mom says he'd up and around and on the mend! Paul will update as soon as he talks to him.

From Paul on 15 Oct, 08 10:59PM:

"just talked to Mark in person. He leaves the hospital next week to rehab in Arkansas where his parents live (near you, Bill!). He sounds like he's doing great, though clearly he's got a long uphill. He was almost dead- literally- and all things considered, he's a licky man. He should make a good recovery in time."

"I'd like to reiterate here, as he'll be posting himself as soon as this weekend and probably will not be self-soliciting, that donations are greatly needed and appreciated. This has hit him hard financially, and I doubt he'll be on here talking about that himself. If anyone reads this and hasn't made a donation, I'll suggest again before he's on here himself that we really can help a brother out here. To all of your kind words and donations so far, I salute you!"

Paul

Now, with that being said, if there is anyone who hasn't donated, and can do so, let's go for it and help out a fellow motorcycle enthusiast as we can, okay? ;)

I hope to be able to check in on Mark myself, since he will be down here in Arkansas before long. :cool: Gonna be cool to meet up with him and be able to give him encouragement, First Hand! ;)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
That's fantastic that he'll be able to be release, and he is moving on his own!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JeyLux said:
That's fantastic that he'll be able to be release, and he is moving on his own!
Absolutely! :cool: ;) Looking forward to hearing from Mark too! If I remember correctly, Paul once told me that Mark's parents live in Hot Springs, Arkansas and that's possibly about a 2hr or so drive from where I live. I'll have to get an address on him.

Take care, Bill ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
droopy said:
This is The greatest news I've Heard all month!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have hard that he has been seen on the SOHC4, but I can't confirm that though. I AM looking forward to his return to the forums. I'm so sure he'll get loads of questions. I'll just be satisfied knowing that he is back in the midst of things and doing well.

:cool: Bill ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
droopy said:
from sohc4.net Last Active: October 16, 2008, 16:06:49 :D :D :D :D :cool:

Ain't Life GRAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :cool: :cool: ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dustinlwood said:
Mark just posted on the SOHC forum. Make sure you guys give him a big welcome back.

,Dustin
That he did folks, and he's still there for a bit. :cool: I have just exchanged a couple of PMs with Mark and he is going to be going to his Parents home here in Arkansas (Paul had already told me that and I had relayed it to here) and his parents live about 115 miles (or so) away (about 2 1/2 hours). Soon as he's there and we can come up with a time that works for ALL of us, I'm going down and meet up with him. And I have to tell you, it's going to be great to see one of the guys that I have communicated online and never had a clue that I'd ever actually meet up with. :cool:

Like dustin said, we need to give him a"Big Welcome Back!" ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found out today that Mark is in Arkansas, at his parents place. Soon as arrangements can be made, I will be going to see him and meet him in person for the 1st time and visit with him. Of course, for now, his main concerns are to get back in shape after the accident. I will be checking with him to see what his intentions are, as far as the site goes, if he feels like discussing it.
Just wanted to let you all know.

Take care, Bill ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
Wish him well for me Bill.. :)

GB :mrgreen:

GB, I'll do just that and, in fact, I'll pass on the good wishes from all. ;)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Swagger said:
I've been gone a long time (life gets in the way sometimes) so please forgive my ignorance...

What happened?

Mark was in a very bad motorcycle accident, and has recovered very well since.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I hope he recovers well, my father has ridden motorcycles his whole life (almost 70!) and finally gave up his '82 v65 magna a couple years ago at the request of his daughters. He makes a point to tell me every time he talks to me that there are very few fender benders on a motorcycle. I never met or talked to Mark, but you betcha I'll be thinking about him when I go riding now.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: New AND Encouraging Info On Mark!!! Need To Read ASA

BerryDuffman said:
I hope he recovers well, my father has ridden motorcycles his whole life (almost 70!) and finally gave up his '82 v65 magna a couple years ago at the request of his daughters. He makes a point to tell me every time he talks to me that there are very few fender benders on a motorcycle. I never met or talked to Mark, but you betcha I'll be thinking about him when I go riding now.

Sorry to take so long to see this and reply. Mark is doing quite well and is still doing things with motorcycles, in fact is building a CB350 Racer and working on a street bike as well, last I heard.

That's cool about your father going for so long, with motorcycles. My Granddad was a dealer and also was involved til he passed away in Dec '68, at the age of 63yrs old.

Take care, Bill ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts