Honda Twins banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just made a deal on a '72 CB750. :D 16k mi. 99% original. I pick it up tomorrow.
Now I have to make room for a 5th motorcycle in the garage :?

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Brown Bomber said:
Just made a deal on a '72 CB750. :D 16k mi. 99% original. I pick it up tomorrow.
Now I have to make room for a 5th motorcycle in the garage :?
Congratulations. A 750 is on my short list of future bikes. I think I'd like a '70 or '71. There is a very nice one on eBay right now but that's way out my price range.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
If you don't mind, could you post a picture of her and how much you gave?

I've got a 74 model myself that's a total turd. Future hardtail. Possibly a go-kart engine?

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll post pics sometime tomorrow afternoon, after I get it home. It's Briar Brown Metallic, (I believe a K2, another brown motorcycle :lol: ). It's filthy by my standards, but I'm sure a good cleaning, and some polishing will make a huge difference. The original owner put extended springs in the forks, and high rise handlebars to give it that 70's chopper look, but otherwise its all stock. The seller was firm on the $1,000.00 price, which I'm sure most would think is a bit steep, but I've seen many like it go for more.
Can't wait to see it all cleaned up next to my 500T.
Allen

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the first pic. :D Can't wait to get the front end back at the right height, and low bars on it. Maybe GB would like to put those high bars on his '74 hard tail project ;)
Allen

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Actually you can keep the bars and send me the rest of the bike. ;) If and when I do a hardtail, it'll have low bars and mid controls.

Looks pretty good from what I can see. That's an average price these days. Some people think the 750's are goldmines these days though. I see em all the time for about that price but really high mileage, and the guy always seems to think everything's just like new on the bike despite it's age/mileage/condition. :roll:

Thanks for the pic!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
man i really love those bikes. Good pick. I definitly want an early 70's. I wish i could sell the 360 for one. Course thats a terrible idea cause i'm trying to use this vintage restore idea to make money. Not buy more bikes i have no intention on selling lol. But man, the roar of a 750four is just sexual :geek:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
There's nothing like the sound of a 750 open header. Like a built tractor engine at idle, that turns into a Ferrari-like sound when yanked on.

God how I miss the 78.. :cry:

Ok, enough threadjacking outta me.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Saki.... IF you are attempting to make a "decent" profit on a "restore", it better be absolutely perfect (100 point concours), totally stock (right down to OEM bolts, decals, stickers, and paint), and a rare model..... NONE of which your 360 will be..... Sorry to break it to you, but unless you figure in your time at about a nickel an hour, you'll be lucky to break even.... This is definately a venue for someone who enjoys the challenge of bringing a vintage vehicle back to life for his love of the bikes, not so much for someone who wants to make a profit doing it.... (Not that it can't be done....) :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
66Sprint said:
Saki.... IF you are attempting to make a "decent" profit on a "restore", it better be absolutely perfect (100 point concours), totally stock (right down to OEM bolts, decals, stickers, and paint), and a rare model..... NONE of which your 360 will be..... Sorry to break it to you, but unless you figure in your time at about a nickel an hour, you'll be lucky to break even.... This is definately a venue for someone who enjoys the challenge of bringing a vintage vehicle back to life for his love of the bikes, not so much for someone who wants to make a profit doing it.... (Not that it can't be done....) :eek:
You got that right. I'm just trying to do a nice, original period restoration and it will end up costing about 30% more than I could realistically get for it.

Why do I do it you ask? I get the same question from my wife. I like working on motorcycles and airplanes. If you think motorcycles cost a lot, tackle a kit airplane some day.

Oh, and what I tell my wife is it keeps me out of the bars. :)

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Nice looking 750. A friend had one years ago and I got to ride it quite a bit. I worked on it for him so I had access to it whenever I wanted it. I would love to have one myself. Since we are so close we should take a brown bike ride together some day when you get it on the road. My CB450 is brown.
Don Slicker
Amelia Ohio

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dlslick said:
Nice looking 750. Since we are so close we should take a brown bike ride together some day when you get it on the road. My CB450 is brown.
Don Slicker
Amelia Ohio
Thanks Don, the (Brown Bike Ride) sounds like a plan. "The Cincinnati BBR" :cool:

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I am hoping to have a ride on May 2nd. I am the Southern Ohio rep for the VJMC and have been in contact with others in the area to see if we can get together for a ride. I picked that date a few months ago. Check your calendar and pencil it in. So far I dont have any definites for it but I figure I will put it out there again at the end of this week.
Don Slicker

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.