Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Steve and I've never been involved with an online forum before, so please forgive me if I make mistakes. First, I'm a seasoned citizen who's been biking for 50+ years. I've owned dual sports, cruisers, minibikes, sport touring machines, etc. and have some experience doing some basic mods and maintenance, but never any full-blown restorations. This year, I've decided to tackle a project and I found a 1966 Honda CA160 in a barn. It came with a second engine and various other parts, but is largely intact. I'll need to run down a few parts here and there. I'm marginally handy with a wrench and want to use this project as a learning opportunity to build bike knowledge and hopefully bring an old girl back to life. I live in Michigan and look forward to learning from those with experience. Thanks in advance for your help. I hope I will be able to contribute as well as learn as I move through this project.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, after some additional digging and sourcing parts, I've discovered an embarrassing mistake. What I thought was a 1966 Honda CA160 Touring is actually a 1965 CA150 Benly Touring. Hopefully, this will make sourcing parts easier and not more difficult.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I have a 64 CA 95 rebuild in the shop now. I am waiting on the painter to finish. Lots of parts out there . Finding a battery is the hardest .I had this one bored 1 over and put in new pistons ,rings and wrist pins. Do have the 3 main brg crank or the 2 main brg crank?

Bill H

1 - 4 of 4 Posts