Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I consider our race bikes eternal projects as we are always looking to impro e on them. New photos to follow but just put on cb750 rotor, ap racing caliper, Avon half fairing and gold valve emulators on the 418 bike. The only mods done to the 796 bike this year was a snapped crank at daytona, ouch! Www.teamflatrat.com
oh yeah, may have just aquired a cl450 for street use/ full resto and a cb450 parts bike

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Welcome aboard and we look forward to seeing some pictues of your AHMRA bikes. It's good to see another racer on board although I've got no desire to an old twin, I've got to admire those that do. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Likewise, I've been racing on and off since 1988 and have raced rz350s, tz250s, hrc vf750, yzf750 and Vespas! You can keep the gsxr1000 race bike for yourself, the Honda is fun and definately my speed these days

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a shot of my new disc brake setup using CB750 forks and wheel hub, AP Racing caliper, 1/2" bore Honda ATV master with dream 50 lever. The rotor is a 750 (12"). I had to shave a little off the innder fork tube and space the rotor out 6mm for the caliper to clear the spokes. To say that it stops well is a huge understatement. Raced at Nashville Speedway yesterday in the pouring rain, very predictable braking and even somewhat scary when the track started drying out in the last race. Can't wait for Barber Motorsports race next weekend.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts