Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new neutral stator switch and rotor for my CB175, however I can only get green light if I take out the globe and ground it against the taco frame, and then it stays on in any gear.i have good continuity between the stator switch and globe.i fitted it with some difficulty by only removing the front sprocket cover, but I'm sure it is fitted ok.i presume it is an earthing problem but am stumped. Any ideas anyone, thankyou

Graham

·
Super Moderator
11,047 Posts
Pictures of the re-assembly could help. The fact that you have to ground the socket of the bulb means the ground from the neutral switch isn't completing when it's in neutral. Of course, it could be the wiring as well, but since you had the switch apart we should start there. Did you test the neutral switch wire for continuity between the switch and the bulb socket? If it's like most Hondas of that era, it should be green with red stripe

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures of the re-assembly could help. The fact that you have to ground the socket of the bulb means the ground from the neutral switch isn't completing when it's in neutral. Of course, it could be the wiring as well, but since you had the switch apart we should start there. Did you test the neutral switch wire for continuity between the switch and the bulb socket? If it's like most Hondas of that era, it should be green with red stripe
Thanks for your input Tom. There is continuity between the green/red wire and the globe.I am going to take it apart again,but this time i will take off the left hand side engine cover so that i can see it fully, wheras before i only took off the front sprocket cover and needed double jointed fingers to fit it,although i thought it was ok.
will let you know how it goes, cheers Graham.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts