Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they're prone to crack/chip, and mine has. Is there a source we can go to pick up new ones? bikebandit.com has them for ~$35, but they're listed as "unavailable".

I checked ebay, and nuthin'.

Any other thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Angus McGee said:
I know they're prone to crack/chip, and mine has. Is there a source we can go to pick up new ones? bikebandit.com has them for ~$35, but they're listed as "unavailable".

I checked ebay, and nuthin'.

Any other thoughts?
Right around '71 they changed the headlight shells. Do you have the large one or the small one. I've got a large one in good shape that I can let go for a few $$.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MNellis said:
Right around '71 they changed the headlight shells. Do you have the large one or the small one. I've got a large one in good shape that I can let go for a few $$.
uh.. how do I know what's large, and what's small? My headlight is 6" in diameter. Again, not sure if that's the small one, or the large one. I didn't know they came in different sizes.

What color is your headlight case? (Not like it matters much at this point)

I very much appreciate the offer. If you're willing to sell, and it's the right size, I'd love to buy it off of you.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
At K5, Honda switched to a larger headlamp - also changed the fork ears to chrome, with a different "offset".
So if your fork ears are chrome, you probably have the larger headlamp.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my "ears" are painted. I have a small one?

We're still talking about headlights, right? :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
At 6" in dia. you have the small one. The larger one measures about 7 3/4 if I recall. The one I have is in great condition and painted primer grey. Unfortunately, you would need a larger headlight, retaining ring and, as Bill mentioned, mounting ears, for this one to work.

If you find the other parts cheaply let me know.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Angus McGee said:
my "ears" are painted. I have a small one?
We're still talking about headlights, right? :lol:
MNellis said:
At 6" in dia. you have the small one. The larger one measures about 7 3/4 if I recall. The one I have is in great condition and painted primer grey.
Uhm ... I hope so. :lol:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I know it's not much help, but the same headlight shell was used in most pre-1972 CB/CL 175/350/450.
It was available in painted colors, black, and primed. They all used the same mounting ring and lamps.
This is for US models, of course.
Though they're plastic, they paint easily.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
tbpmusic said:
Though they're plastic, they paint easily.
They sand and paint very easily, just be sure not to use any paint stripper on them. I've got a set of 350 side covers that I tested that theory out on if anyone needs them. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a small one? Bummer.

Anyone you know have one they want to sell?

Mod; Could you move this thread to the buy/sell section?

Thx!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts