Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys that have split the cases of a 350 twin know what I'm talking about. It may even be used on other Honda twins. Anyway, I tore down the engine on my 72 SL350, and noted that the ball was still with the lower case half. I forgot all about it though, when I soda blasted and cleaned up the case. I've searched, and there are plenty of guys that say it's not needed since the crank bearing blocks the machined hole. Still there are plenty of guys that say if it wasn't needed, Honda's engineers wouldn't have put it there. There are none to be found on eBay or the usual places. CMSNL has it, but it's silly to pay to ship such a small part from Europe. So, anybody got one they can spare?
Thanks!
Butch

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I think the question you want to ask is - Anyone planing to order parts from CMSNL anytime soon?
AND - Would they add that to their order and you could toss them some change for forwarding it to you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips guys! I tried my local dealer - they didn't have it, but were able to locate some at a dealer in North Carolina. I found their website and emailed my request. That night I got a call from them telling me most of their inventory was wiped out by the last hurricane to roll thru!
Happy ending though. I forgot that I had given the lower case a quick scrub in a buddy's tub that he uses for a parts washer. I gloved up and fished around the bottom, turning up all sorts of gum encrusted bits. I pulled out a large blob or goo that felt like something hard was in it. Sure enough, it was the ball!

Reactions: HerrDeacon

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Great news on finding the ball. I have a few missing parts that I'm hoping turn up as well. I've been holding off ordering them because I know they are here somewhere. I'm thinking they'll pop up as I continue assembling the bike and the parts bin gets smaller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts