Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put new tires on and now my speedo cable just keeps braking at the front wheel. I have been all over every thing and can’t find why its braking. Please help?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Unfortunately, your pictures don't zoom - but I don't see anything out of order with the view I'm getting. Did you try riding it with the cable disconnected from the speedo? At least that way you could see if it appears to turn freely at the top end of the cable from the drive unit on the wheel and if that's the case, the culprit could be the speedo itself binding internally. It is puzzling

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I was kind of hoping to see something obvious like the front brake plate retaining bolt is missing
Does the speedo drive stay in position on the front wheel or does it rotate radially around the axle
Does the speedo actually work ? If it's locked up at the speedo the drive will wind untill something breaks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The speed o works. Its just way off. I can max it out in first gear. I pulled the speedometer aprt and grease all the gears. Then ran it with a drill no binding at all ran smoothly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts