Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to start a 71 cb350. Hasn't run in at least 5 years. I drained the bowls and put fresh gas in it. I'm getting spark, because I pulled the plug wire and shocked myself. There are tubes coming off the bottom of the carbs and since I put gas in the tank I have fuel dripping from those tubes. Any help would be appreciated. It hasn't even puffed or coughed like it wants to start, but I know it really wants to. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, I came inside and posted my question on here and when I went back outside it fired the first time I hit the button. Runs smooth, idles good, but I still have fuel coming out of the tubes on the bottom of the carbs.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Wow, this site is good :lol: :lol:

Glad it started. Regarding the leak, it could be a few of things: incorrect float height, stuck float causing it from not shutting off the fuel, cracked overflow tube, bit of dirt on the float needle preventing it from fully seating. Until you get it figured out, and even after, make sure you shut off the petcock when the bike is not running. Also, better check to make sure no gas overflowed and got in the engine oil.

·
Registered
41 Posts
your best bet is to take the carbs off, and clean them out really good with some carb cleaner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts