Honda Twins banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, does any one have a close up photo of the original checked K0 foot rest rubbers, both sides if posable :D

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok that didn't work :(

well lets try this, does anyone recognize these foot rest rubbers :D

Rod from OZ :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Rod all my bombers only have the block type pattern on the rear pegs only.All the front ones are just ribbed all the way around?I can take on off one of my ko's to pic if you want but will this Honda manual pic suffice.Front is 2-55661-283-010 Rear 2-50712-283-000.If engine number over 1025570 then rear is 2-50705-024-000

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Rod, Those look like the ones I need for my daughter's C-200..... Can't read the parts number in the pic....... They DO look like 1960's parts, just not sure for which size bike............. Steve

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
66Sprint said:
Rod, Those look like the ones I need for my daughter's C-200..... Can't read the parts number in the pic....... They DO look like 1960's parts, just not sure for which size bike............. Steve

They have the CB450 K0 50661-283-010, but the seller is unsure if there CB450 or not, They can be bough for 21 a pair, if your interested Steve. I was hoping that they were K0. but was unsure they are definitely from a Honda.

Rod from OZ

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GAMD5 said:
Rod all my bombers only have the block type pattern on the rear pegs only.All the front ones are just ribbed all the way around?I can take on off one of my ko's to pic if you want but will this Honda manual pic suffice.Front is 2-55661-283-010 Rear 2-50712-283-000.If engine number over 1025570 then rear is 2-50705-024-000
Yep that's what i thought and was hoping for conformation from a K0 expert. I remember reading somewhere on the old forum that the first CB450 K0's had this style of foot peg, but can't find and conformation on the web or in my parts books :)

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Rod, It MAY be due to "general export" vs "US type" vs "UK" variant vs "Japanese market".... Many minor discrepancies do exist..... If they fit, I'd run them until I found the exact correct parts you want.......

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
66Sprint said:
Rod, It MAY be due to "general export" vs "US type" vs "UK" variant vs "Japanese market".... Many minor discrepancies do exist..... If they fit, I'd run them until I found the exact correct parts you want.......
There in the US, so must be miss-labeled as they all in one plastic bag with just the single ID No.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
The checked ones were fitted to the early 65 BB bikes. Gordon from the old 450DOHC site raised this topic and eventually had some
manufactured by a company in California. However, when they were made there was something about them that was not quite right, I think it was underneath. The company still advertises on EBay as they also make the handlebar holder rubbers.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Those would look nice/correct on 305 drivers' pegs.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those very early "checked" foot peg rubbers have a different shaped opening to fit a rounded locating tab on the bottom of the metal part of the peg. I have a set of the rubbers but have never mounted them for that reason. When I was talking with Gordon about these he didn't have a part number for the correct metal pegs. I suppose it would be easy enough to modify the later metal pegs. The rubbers I have are older and should be original Honda and I can send photos if that would help.

John

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
johnzmg said:
Those very early "checked" foot peg rubbers have a different shaped opening to fit a rounded locating tab on the bottom of the metal part of the peg. I have a set of the rubbers but have never mounted them for that reason. When I was talking with Gordon about these he didn't have a part number for the correct metal pegs. I suppose it would be easy enough to modify the later metal pegs. The rubbers I have are older and should be original Honda and I can send photos if that would help.

John
John if you could post a photo here it would be great for everyone :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lets see if this picture thing works.

The inside diameter of the checked rubbers is the same as the ribbed rubber. The half-round cutout is different. I've had the checked rubbers for a while and I assume they are Honda parts but they were not in Honda packaging. My bomber had about 5K miles and was dead stock when I got it. I imagine the ribbed foot peg rubber shown in one of the pictures is original to the bike.

Let me know if you want to see a different angle.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts