Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im helping someone with a cm400t that has been modified. Problem is that po changed out the rear incandescent bulbs for leds. When disconnected both the front blinkers work fine and when the rear led are wired in the fronts don't work proper any longer and only one of the rear led bairly flickers. I unwired them and added shrink tube and while disconnected I hooked up to a battery and checked the lights do light up ok. I do not know how much has been removed. They were wired to the light blue and orange wires as they should be.
I did find a great color electrical diagram for a 79 and want to thank the person that posted it for people in need. I see only two wires going to the flasher unit. If I was to buy a flasher for it and get one that will work with led and oem bulbs should I look for a 2 wire flasher then? Should the rear blinkers light appear all the time and goes on and off if the blinker is activated?
Do I need to add resistors or diodes? The front bulbs are incandescent still. Any suggestions will be appreciated. thanks

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
You need an electronic flasher instead of the conventional one. They'll be listed as suitable for LED. Auto parts stores usually have them. 2 wire is all you need but if you get a 3 wire the extra terminal is a ground so just add a ground wire to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts