Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant get any ignition, I have good spark and compression so I assumed my issue was fuel. But my fuel levels are good and I have taken apart my carbs a couple times now and everything looks good, Jets are clear, floats are intact and needles are still sharp, any ideas? I have no idea what to do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I cant get any ignition, I have good spark and compression so I assumed my issue was fuel. But my fuel levels are good and I have taken apart my carbs a couple times now and everything looks good, Jets are clear, floats are intact and needles are still sharp, any ideas? I have no idea what to do.
Hi, I assume that when you say 'I cant get any ignition' you mean it will not fire?

if you have a good spark and good compression then it would point to a fueling issue, what I would do is give it full choke try to start the engine for a few seconds, if no joy then remove spark plug and check if it is wet with fuel, if not then it is a problem with fuel supply.

If the spark plug is wet then I would suspect a timing issue ie; sheered woodruff key on magnet or other?

HTH

·
Registered
339 Posts
Put a squirt of fuel in a plug hole. Put the plug in and see if it does anything

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts