Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

1st off... thanks everyone for the forum. I've found tons of great information here.

Recently purchased my first motorcycle-- a 73 CL350. It's got 8700 miles and seems to run pretty well. However, I'm having trouble with the left turn signal. Here's what I know:

With the key "on" and the switch engaged I get nothing from either front or rear, left side. The turn signal indicator light on the speedo/tach doesn't illuminate either. The turn signal relay does make a rapid chicka-chicka sound. Bulbs appear good. Voltage test light shows no juice to the bulb sockets.

On the right side, everything seems to work (bulbs, indicator light) but the signal relay makes no noise or else is very slow.

Any guesses before I start chasing wires to hell and back?

thanks,
john

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
There is no voltage at the "left" lamps because It doesn't "get' that far....The/an Orange wire is shorted to ground somewhere after leaving (or within ) the switch unit.......This completes the circuit and causes the rapid flasher "chicka" sounds.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that was it! Wire was worn through and making contact with the bars. Thanks.

john

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
John....
Glad it was an easy fix..... :D :D
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts