Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -- as the title suggests, I need to verify that this is a speedo drive for an early CB77, with the reverse speedo direction. I picked up the speedo and drive separately. And I had the drive labelled and in a bag for the longest time, then got it out and was going to mount it on a project, but sold the project. So I am left not holding the bag, as it were. Can anyone verify this is the reverse speedo drive? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The easiest way to tell is to turn the center hub and watch which way the tang turns. If you turn the hub in the direction that it would rotate if mounted, the tang (that goes into the cable) should rotate counterclockwise if it is the correct unit for your speedo.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The easiest way to tell is to turn the center hub and watch which way the tang turns. If you turn the hub in the direction that it would rotate if mounted, the tang (that goes into the cable) should rotate counterclockwise if it is the correct unit for your speedo.
Thanks -- but unfortunately it's in AZ, and I'm in CDMX... hoping for a visual confirmation...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts