Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what they look like: https://imgur.com/a/Cr6pjqY. Not sure which bike these are from but they are super loud. I'm having issues fine tuning my bike and I think these mufflers have something to do with it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could the mufflers be the reason for slow return to idle? I checked for leaks at intake boots, no leak there.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carb diaphragms look good too. Test by blowing air into the air holes and both diaphragms move up and down smoothly.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Those look like JCWhitney "Cocktail Shaker" mufflers, which means they're probably Emgos. Most likely straight through glasspacks with no packing left and no baffling in the first place.
Not sure if free-flowing mufflers will cause a slow return to idle.
Somebody posted a video recently that showed how a misrouted clutch cable could interfere with the throttle cable and/or return mechanism.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got this bike last week and it had 115,70,38 jets in one carb and 105,68,38 in the other. I changed them out to stock - 105, 68, 35 and just couldn't get the bike to run right with those pipes. I have one muffler that I swapped on the right side and it made a big difference. I'm going to order new mufflers and hope for the best. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts