Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to list some parts on ebay and need help identifying some CB/CL160 exhaust valves. From the parts fiche I see that there was a change in both the valves and cotters at engine #1021673. Can anyone tell me how to visually tell the difference between the two part numbers (14721-216-000 versus 14721-216-020)? Thanks in advance.

Musical instrument Cosmetics Skyscraper Wood Office supplies

-Bill
Musical instrument Cosmetics Skyscraper Wood Office supplies

·
Registered
880 Posts
May just be collets and the area the collets fit...maybe valve collet caps tooo.

Check valve head, stem diameter and valve total length and any valve head recessing....any change in valve faces, angles, widths etc...

Maybe material was changed as well ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the change was in the shape of the cotters and the recess in the valve stem where the cotters seat. I just need to find out how to identify whether mine are early or late style so I can list them accurately on ebay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right, I've looked at lots of photos of early and late style valves and cotters on ebay and elsewhere but the differences are very subtle. As far as I can tell there is a slight difference in the diameter of the valve stem where the cotters seat. On mine the thinnest diameter is 4.5mm which I think is probably the newer style.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts