Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Going to buy a CB350 and need info on what to look for on these bikes before going to see one.
Going to buy a bike that is in running condition and won't take too much to make into something I can reliable ride on weekends - but not a show bike.
Background: been riding for over 30 years, do my own basic maintenance (oil, rebuild carbs, chain/sprockets, etc.), but have not cracked open an engine.
Own/owned vintage bikes before: 82 650 Seca, 79&81 SR500, but never a Honda

Other than the obvious old bike stuff, can you direct me to anything on this site that tells me what to look for on these bikes?
Already downloaded and read "evaluating old bikes ...", and heard the cam rollers are soft rubber and should be replaced along with the chain.
I've got a compression tester I plan to take along.

What else?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Unless the bike has been overhauled by a competent PO, pretty much every moving part will need to be taken apart, cleaned and greased. It should get new brake shoes. Other than that, it is pretty much about the condition. The technology level is on par with your SR500 bikes. They are good reliable bikes. Find a good one.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Check the front lower motor mounts. I have seen a few (including one that I bought) that have been broken off of the lower case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts