Honda Twins banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just recently picked up a '69 CB350 (K0) and looking to make a cafe racer out of it. I want it to have a modern front end.

I've googled the crap out of google the past 2 days and and probably more OVERWHELMED than I was before. (Yes I've searched)
I'm a complete newb when it comes to bikes so when you start throwing Rake, Trail, and Offset, I am like a deer in headlights.

So...
1) Can someone guide me to a legit DIY step by step modern front end conversion?
2) I know Cognitomoto sells a complete kit but 2500 dollars but that is way too much for me (listed here: https://cognitomoto.com/collections/fork-conversion-parts/products/complete-gsx-r-front-end-with-rim). Is there other kit options out there?
3) Is it worth doing a modern front end conversion?
4) From my understanding the GSXR inverted forks are my best bet and chance at success in completing this part of my build, is there another set of modern forks that might work better and cheaper?
5) Where's the best place to get an aluminum spoke wheel with a 25mm conversion hub for a direct bolt up to say a GSXR front end?

I've read plenty of threads from different forums but never found a "complete" forum with everything included. I am sure there's a lot more to this that I am forgetting to ask or will come across as more questions get answered.

Thanks In Advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts