Honda Twins banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '82 450T Hawk that I am finishing up. I think this bike came to me with the wrong handlebars-AKA cables and brake line are too tight. I want to buy replacement (7/8" dia) bars that are as close to stock dimensions as possible- but- I don't know what those dimensions are. I need dimensions for OAL, center spacing, pullback, inside rise, end rise. Let me know if you can help. Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think I have a set of stock bars, at least they're the set that were on the bike when I got it. I can measure them or you can have them for your project.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they are stock I will be happy to buy them from you. My current bars, which I believe are off of a CB400 Hawk, are 31' OAL, 7" spread in middle, 6.5" rise, 5" end rise with a 9" pull back. If your bars are narrower and not as tall I will take them for sure. Thanks for getting back to me on this. DSC02610.JPG DSC02611.JPG

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hi 6" spread 28" oal 4" rise

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
28 Posts
These are 25" wide, 5" rise, about an 8" pull back. They definitely look smaller than the ones in your pics. I'll get some images with a ruler so you can decide if they fit your needs. Based on workdogz numbers they may not be stock after all.

·
Registered
475 Posts
They may be Bars from a cb250,they do make a nice substitute.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Get some bars from (or that are a match for) a '75 CB400F. Perfect for your Hawk, in that they're sporting, not ridiculously low or narrow, and should be a decent replacement for (and probably an improvement over) your stock bars. The Hawk was essentially a factory café racer; why not use bars that actually fit that character?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If anyone wants the bars I am taking off my 450T you can have them. Send me your ship to address. You can pay the shipping and we will call it a day.
Approximate Dimensions are:
31' OAL
7" spread between clamps
6.5" rise
5" end rise
9" pull back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts