Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1971 CL175K5 needs his front axle nut replaced! They're not available new from Honda, and I tried CMSNL without luck. Does anybody have a spare that is not hacked up, does not have the flats rounded off? Chrome condition not important, I expect it to be not good from age and it will be re-chromed. Not sure if CB175 is the same or not, but I suspect it is. This is a pretty tiny castle nut...

[email protected]

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
My 68 CL 175 has a standard 14mm hex nut (not castellated)... I suspect your vert has a 12mm sized nut.... I'll check for you as I've several verts around here..... Steve

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve-
Thanks, I appreciate the reply. Doesn't sound like the earlier ones are the same at all- mine is 19mm o.d., and 12mm i.d., see attached pic. I'll find one somewhere!

While I'm at with 175 fasteners, I'm also seeking the seat pan plate attachment bolt and inner bushing/collar. It's a long bolt, 110mm (4 3/8"). There's a 100mm (4") inner tube or bushing I need as well. Anybody out there with old 1971-1973 parts that can help?

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hold on! I did a little more searching online, and believe I've found the parts I'm looking for from a long-time Honda dealer. I won't say it's a success until they arrive, but it seems to be good. I didn't think that castle nut would be that difficult to find! :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts